After rumors, Xiaomi’s first Android Oreo (Go Edition) smartphone is all set to be introduced soon starting from Philippines soon, as the company has started teasing it. Xiaomi’s official partner Lazada has listed the phone with complete specifications that reveals a 5-inch HD screen, Snapdragon 425 SoC with 1GB of RAM, 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 5-megapixel front camera, 4G LTE with dedicated SIM slots and a 3000mAh battery.
The phone doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor and has capacitive touch buttons on the front instead of on-screen buttons on Xiaomi’s latest budget Redmi smartphones.
Xiaomi Go specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720pixels) HD 16:9 display with 380 nits brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC Color Gamut
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform with Adreno 308 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo Go Edition)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- Dimensions:140.4x 70.1 x 8.35mm; Weight: 137g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Xiaomi Go will be available in Blue and Black colors and should launch in Philippines as early as next week. It should also launch in India for around Rs. 5000 in the coming weeks.