LG has launched V40 ThinQ penta camera smartphone in India, as it was teased earlier week. It was introduced back in October last year and packs a 6.4-inch FullVision OLED display, triple rear cameras with 16MP 107-degree super wide-angle, 12MP standard angle and 12MP telephoto with 2x optical zoom and Triple Shot feature stitches together the images captured with each of the three lenses into a short video file for easy sharing.
It has 5MP wide-angle lens and 8MP standard camera on the front for bokeh effect with an on-screen slider to adjust the amount of background blur. It has Dual PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) for automatic focusing that is 50% faster, advanced HDR feature analyzes and determines the right exposure settings to create perfectly lit shots, AI Auto White Balance (AI AWB), AI Shutter selects the right shutter speed, especially useful when trying to capture fast-moving subjects, Cine Shot, 3D Light Effect, Makeup Pro, Custom Backdrop, My Avatar and AR Emoji.
It has 3.5mm audio jack with 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC and Boombox Speaker that was introduced in the G7 ThinQ. It uses Silky Blast process that etches the tempered glass back with microscopic pits to create a smoother matte finish so it is not slippery when holding and is also resistant to fingerprints and stains. It has MIL-STD 810G military-grade durability and is IP68 rated for dust and water resistance. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3300mAh battery with support for fast charging and wireless charging.
LG V40 ThinQ specifications
- 6.4-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with LG UX, upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, 16MP super wide camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 107° lens, 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 45° lens, Dual LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 80° lens, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 90° wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, Boombox Speaker
- Dimensions:158.7 x 75.8 x 7.7mm; Weight: 169g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (Quick Charge 4 Compatible), Wireless charging
The LG V40 ThinQ comes in New Moroccan Blue and New Platinum Gray colors, is priced at Rs. 49,990 and is available exclusively from Amazon.in with launch offers that include free screen replacement worth Rs. 16,750, No cost EMI and Rs. 5000 extra on exchange. Check out the first impression here.