Huawei Honor brand has announced that it will introduce its Honor 8A, the company’s new budget smartphone in China on January 8th, a month after it was certified by TENAA with model numbers JAT-TL00 and JAT-AL00.
This doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor like the predecessor, but it will feature a waterdrop notch display with minimal bezels, two-tone design, and run Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box. This is expected to be powered by the latest MediaTek Helio P35 SoC.
Honor 8A rumored specifications
- 6-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53) MediaTek Helio P35 12nm Processor with 680 MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 156.28×73.5×8.0mm; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh (Typical) / 2920mAh (Minimum) battery
Honor 8A is expected to come in Black, Blue, Gold, Red. We should know the price when it goes official next Tuesday.