Apple along with the iPhone XS series, also introduced the iPhone XR, a cheaper version with a 6.1-inch LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display, which it calls the best LCD display ever made. It has the same A12 Bionic 7nm Chip, however this loses the secondary 12-megapixel telephoto lens while retaining the wide-angle lens. It has an Aluminum and Glass Design, comes with Face ID and is splash- and water-resistant, with IP67 ratings.
It has LTE Advanced, Dual SIM support (via eSIM), similar to the XS series and has wireless charging as well, thanks to the glass back.
Apple iPhone XR specifications
- 6.1-inch (1792 x 828 pixels) LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display
- Six-core A12 Bionic 64-bit 7nm processor with four-core GPU, Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 12
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM / physical SIM in China)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera,optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.7×8.3; Weight: 194 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 15 hours of internet use
The Apple iPhone XR comes in white, black, blue, yellow, coral and (PRODUCT) RED colors starting at $749 (Rs. 53,860 approx.) in the U.S. and is available for order starting from October 19th. It will go on sale in India along with over 50 countries from October 26 at Rs. 76,900 (MRP) for 64GB, Rs. 81,900 (MRP) for 128GB and Rs. 91,900 (MRP) for 256GB through Apple Authorised Resellers.