Update – November 30, 2018: Casio has announced that the PRO TREK Smart WSD-F30 smartwatch will ship from January 18, 2019. It will also release the WSA-BX1 extra-long cloth band, an optional accessory for the WSD-F30.
Earlier: Ahead of IFA 2018, Casio has unveiled its third generation Outdoor Watch in the PRO TREK series dubbed as WSD-F30 with water resistance and is also built to military standard specifications (MIL-STD-810G) so that it can withstand a variety of rugged activities. It has a 1.2-inch (390×390 pixels) dual layer display with monochrome and color LCDs. It enables use of offline maps and GPS log recording for up to three consecutive days, says the company.
It comes with Extend Mode which enables use of offline color maps and GPS for up to three consecutive days on just a single charge. In Extend Mode, time and measurement data is continuously shown on the monochrome display, and a color map can be displayed with a push of button. Extend Mode also conserves energy by switching the operating system to energy-saving stand-by mode on a schedule set by the user.
It also ensures optimal power management based on the activity plan, allowing the user to track his or her current location on an offline map and record tracks during activities longer than a single day.
Casio WSD-F30 specifications
- 1.2-inch (390×390 pixels) dual layer (Color TFT LCD and monochrome LCD) display
- Wear OS by Google (compatible with smartphones running Android 4.4+ and iOS 9.3+)
- Dust and Water Resistant up to 50 meters
- Environmental Durability: MIL-STD-810
- Sensors: Pressure (air pressure, altitude) sensor, accelerometer, gyrometer, compass (magnetic) sensor
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Single microphone
- MAP button, Power button, TOOL button
- Dimensions: 60.5 ×53.8 ×14.9 mm; Weight:
- Battery life – Normal use (color display): 1.5 days, roughly Multi Timepiece Mode (timekeeping and sensors only)*3: 1 month, roughly (Varies according to use)
The WSD-F30 comes in Blue, Black and Orange colors, is priced at an MSRP of $549 (Rs. 38,865 approx.) and will be available in January 2019 at select jewelry and watch retailers nationwide.