Fitbit just introduced Charge 3, the company’s next-generation fitness tracker and the successor of the Charge 2 that was launched back in 2016. It has PurePulse heart rate technology, offers automatic exercise recognition, sleep tracking, swimproof design with a touchscreen display, 15+ goal-based exercise modes, and promises up to 7 days battery life.
It has premium, lightweight materials, including an aerospace grade aluminum case and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 OLED display that is about 40% larger and brighter than its predecessor. It comes with inductive button, which includes new patent-pending technology that provides a streamlined, swimproof design, increased space in the device to add more sensors plus a larger battery with up to 7 days of use.
It has SpO2 sensor – a first for a Fitbit tracker – allows for the potential to estimate changes in blood oxygen levels and help track new health indicators, like sleep apnea.
The Fitbit Charge 3 comes in black with a blue gray with rose gold aluminum case and is priced at Rs. 14,999 in India. There is also a Special Edition with an exclusive, white silicone ports band with a graphite aluminum case or lavender woven band with a rose gold aluminum case, and offers two looks in one with the inclusion of a black Classic accessory band in box at Rs. 15999.
It will be available in India starting November 2018, across Reliance Digital, Croma, Helios and other major retailers offline and online on Amazon and Flipkart. Classic Band costs Rs. 2,990, Woven Band costs Rs. 3,490 and the Leather Band costs Rs. 4,490.
Additional health and fitness features include
- Goal-based exercise modes: Choose from 15+ exercise modes like bike, swim, run, weights and yoga; set a goal for calories burned, distance or duration, and see real-time stats, progress and celebrations on device when you reach your goal.
- Water resistant to 50M: Wear in the shower, rain, pool or ocean. See real-time duration on your wrist with Swim Mode, or use SmartTrack® automatic exercise recognition to see laps and pace in the Fitbit® app post-swim.
- Go the distance: Stay motivated with Connected GPS from your phone for real-time pace and distance on device, plus Run Detect with auto pause and auto stop (coming soon).
- Female health tracking: Gain a deeper understanding of your menstrual cycle by using the Fitbit app to log your period and ovulation (coming soon), record symptoms and compare cycle trends over time. With all your health and fitness stats in one place, you can better manage your health; easily see where you are in your cycle in the on-device dashboard.
- Information at a glance: Easily navigate the new personalized, on-device dashboard to see daily activity stats and health metrics like female health tracking; hydration, sleep and weight (coming soon).
- Personalized insights: Know yourself to improve your health with new dynamic insights about your activity, heart rate, nutrition and sleep to help you reach your goals with positive reinforcement and tips to course correct when needed (coming soon in the Fitbit app).
- Social motivation: Connect to one of the largest health and fitness social networks in the world, with more than 25 million active users for added motivation to reach your goals when you engage with friends, family and others through Feed, Groups and Challenges in the Fitbit app.viii
- 24/7 guidance and motivation: Stay on top of all your daily activity and get a more complete picture of your overall health with features like automatic exercise recognition, Reminders to Move, Relax guided breathing, sleep tracking with Sleep Stages and Sleep Insights, and more.