Samsung just announced Galaxy Watch at its New York event. It comes in 46mm version and 42mm options with 1.3-inch and 1.2-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On Display with the latest Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection and has rotating bezel. These run Tizen- Based Wearable Platform 4.0. It has 5ATM + IP68 ratings for water resistance, certified for military-level durability, comes with NFC and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) support for mobile payments using Samsung Pay, built-in speaker for activate voice messaging and music listening, and GPS.
It has new stress management tracker, which automatically detects high levels of stress and offers breathing exercises to help keep users centered and focused. In addition, a new advanced sleep tracker monitors all levels of sleep, including REM cycles. Galaxy Watch adds 21 new indoor exercises, tracking a total of 39 workouts that allow consumers to customize and change up their routines. It also offers intuitive calorie tracking and personalized alerts.
The 46mm model has 472mAh battery with battery life of 80+ hours with typical usage; up to 168 hours with low usage and Galaxy Watch 42mm with a 270mAh battery promises 45+ hours with typical usage; up to 120 hours with low usage.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Specifications
- 1.2-inch / 1.3-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On display,Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- 1.15GHz Dual-Core Exynos 9110 processor
- 768MB RAM (Bluetooth) / 1.5GB RAM (LTE), 4GB internal memory
- Tizen Based Wearable OS 4.0 (Compatible with Android 5.0 or later and iPhone 5 and above, iOS 9.0 or above)
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL STD 810G
- Dimensions (46mm): 446 x 49 x 13; Weight: 63g (without strap)
- Dimensions (42mm) 41.9 x 45.7 x 12.7; Weight: 49g (without strap)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- 3G/LTE (Optional), Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/Glonass
- 472mAh (46mm) / 270mAh (42mm) Li-ion battery with wireless charging (WPC Inductive), up to 4 days of battery life
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm version comes in Silver and costs $349.99 (Rs. 24,070 approx.)in the US and the 42mm in Midnight Black and Rose Gold options cost $329.99 (Rs. 22,695 approx.). It will be available from August 24, 2018 with pre-orders starting August 10, 2018. The Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE version will be available later in 2018.