Qin AI Phone, a new 4G VoLTE feature phone is now available for order from Xiaomi’s crowd funding platform in China. It has a 2.8-inch QVGA color display with T9 keyboard and runs Android-based Mocor 5 OS. The main highlight of the smartphone its AI voice features that promises real-time voice translation in 17 languages. The AI can also tell a story or poetry to children, in addition to answering questions.
It doesn’t have rear or front camera, but it features infrared sensor that lets you control home appliances like AC, TV and others. The 1480mAh battery promises up to 15 hours of talk time and 420 hours standby, and it charges via USB Type-C port. There is also a 2G version of the phone with Nucleus OS, MediaTek MT6260A ARM Cortex A7 SoC, 8MB RAM and 16MB internal storage.
Qin AI Phone specifications
- 2.8-inch (320 x 240 pixels) QVGA display
- 1.3GHz dual-core SC9820E ARM Cortex A53 processor with ARM Mali T82 GPU
- 256MB RAM, 512MB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android-based Mocor 5 OS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 3.5mm audio jack, AAC 1511 box speakers
- IR sensor
- Dimensions: 132×53.8×8.5mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 1480mAh battery
The Qin AI Phone comes in Black and White colors, and is available for pre-order from Xiaomi’s crowdfunding platform for 199 yuan (US$ 29 / ₹ 1,990 approx.), and is expected to start shipping from September 15, 2018.
At the time of writing this article, the company already got 4405 out of required 1000 registrations, and is increasing every minute, with 13 days remaining for the crowd funding to be fulfilled.