After OxygenOS beta update for the OnePlus 5 and 5T that brought Google Lens support in camera, OnePlus today started rolling out stable OxygenOS 5.1.9 update for the OnePlus 6 that brings the Google Lens support as well as image quality improvements that promises better clarity, dynamic range, edge detection in portrait mode and overall focusing speed and accuracy. The update also brings Selfie Portrait beauty mode, Wi-Fi stability and improvements in Bluetooth connection for cars.
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.7
- Fixed issues with accidental touches triggering gestures ( Draw V)
- Supported Telia Finland VoLTE (Default On) and VoWifi (Default Off)
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved image quality
- Integrated Google Lens mode
- Now you can access Google lens from your camera with a tap and Google Lens will tell you what’s in the image, giving you information about things like books, buildings, and works of art etc.
- Added beauty mode for Selfie Portrait
- Added Group MMS
Wireless & networks
- Optimized stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Fixed stability issue with the Bluetooth connection for cars
The OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 5.1.9 update is 342MB in size and also bring July 2018 Android security patch. It scored 96 points on DxOMark, beating the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus. This includes 100 points for the camera and 87 points for the video. DxOMark said that OnePlus 6 has a fast and accurate autofocus, bright and vivid colors in all conditions, and good detail preservation capabilities.