Update: OPPO has launched the 3GB RAM and 32GB storage version of the A3s smartphone in India for Rs. 13990. It is now available from offline stores, and should be available from Flipkart as well soon.
Your favourite #OPPOA3s is now available in 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM also.
Head on over to Flipkart and offline stores to get your very own A3s today!#DualPowerDualCamera.
Know more: https://t.co/GgQiRkRZr2 pic.twitter.com/l76y0BJ9T4
— OPPO Mobile India (@oppomobileindia) August 2, 2018
Earlier: OPPO has launched A3s in India, which is a re-branded version of the A5 smartphone that was introduced in China last week. It has a 6.2-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch and 87.8% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 450 with 2GB of RAM and runs ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots and an 8-megapixel front camera with AI beautify features that intelligently recognizes 296 facial features.
It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a huge 4230mAh battery that promises 14 hours of video playback and 11 hours of gaming. It comes only in 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version, unlike the A5 that comes in 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version.
OPPO A3s specifications
- 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 156.2×75.6×8.2mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 4230mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (minimum) built-in battery
The OPPO A3s comes in Red and Dark Purple colors, is priced at Rs. 10,990 and will be available through Flipkart, Amazon and Paytm online as well as offline stores starting from July 15.
Commenting on the launch, Will Yang, Brand Director, OPPO India, said:
OPPO is committed towards offering consumers a product that syncs with their demands. Thus, we pay a lot of attention towards listening and understanding their expectations from a smartphone. With A3s, we aim to offer consumers, especially youth, who are looking for an advanced camera phone that offers a strong battery life. With advance features like dual camera, super full screen and extensive battery, this device has been designed to enable consumers to capture cherished moments all day long. The A3s truly represents our ambition to continue being the Selfie Expert and Leader in the market.