After rumors and certification, OPPO has officially announced the A5, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China. It has a 6.2-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch and 87.8% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 450 with 4GB of RAM and runs ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots and an 8-megapixel front camera with AI beautify features that intelligently recognizes 296 facial features.
It has a dazzling illusion texture on the back and it uses nano-scale microcrystalline technology. It packs a huge 4230mAh battery that promises 14 hours of video playback and 11 hours of gaming.
OPPO A5 specifications
- 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 156.2×75.6×8.2mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 4230mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (minimum) built-in battery
The OPPO A5 comes in Mirror Blue and Mirror Pink colors, is priced at 1500 yuan (US$ 225 / Rs. 15,530 approx.), available for order in China and goes on sale from July 13th.