Earlier: OPPO smartphones with model numbers PBAM00 / PBAT00 have been certified by TENAA in China. This reveals a budget smartphone with a 6.2-inch HD+ screen with 19:9 aspect ratio, minimal bezels, 1.8GHz Octa-Core SoC, which could be Snapdragon 450, Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.0, 13-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. It will come with an 8-megapixel front-facing camera, and will like come with face unlock, however it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
OPPO A5 rumored specifications
- 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 156.2×75.6×8.2mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4100mAh built-in battery
The OPPO A5 is expected to come in Pink, Light Blue, Dark Blue and Purple colors. We can expect the official announcement sometime later this month.