LG introduced its mid-range Q7 series of smartphones last month. Today the company launched the Q7 and Q7+ smartphones in Korea and also revealed the price of the phones. It also reveals that the phone will be powered by 1.8 GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 450 SoC. In addition to military grade durability with MIL-STD 810G, same as the predecessor, this is also IP68-certified for water and dust resistance. It also has Portrait mode, QLens, Hi-Fi quality audio, DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, and the Q7+ also comes with Hi-Fi Quad DAC.
Even though it has the same 3000mAh battery has the predecessor, LG has added support for Qualcomm’s Fast Charge technology that charge the phone from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes via USB Type-C port.
LG Q7 / Q7+ specifications
- 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) FullVision Display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (Q7) / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (Q7+) expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP (Q7+) / 13MP f(Q7) rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- 5MP (100-degree Super Wide Angle) front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Hi-Fi audio, DTS:X 3D Surround, Hi-Fi Quad DAC (Q7+ only)
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68) MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dimensions: 143.8 x 69.3 x 8.4mm ; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C 2.0
- 3,000mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The LG Q7 in Aurora Black and Lavender Violet colors is priced at 495,000 Korean Won (US$ 456 / Rs. 30,850 approx.) and the Q7+ in Moroccan Blue is priced at 570,000 Won (US$ 526 / Rs. 35,540 approx.). Both these will be available through all the three major operators in Korea. The company already said that the phone will roll out starting from Europe from this June, followed by countries in the Americas and Asia.