ASUS introduced its flagship Zenfone 5Z smartphone at the MWC 2018 in Barcelona earlier this year. As promised the smartphone has started rolling out from Europe with the phone going on sale in France and Italy for 499 Euros (US$ 588 / Rs. 39,785 approx.), making it the cheapest smartphone with Snapdragon 845 SoC in Europe till date, cheaper than the OnePlus 6 that costs 519 Euros. There is also 8GB RAM and 256GB storage version that costs 599 Euros (US$ 706 / Rs. 47,770 approx.) that is available only in France.
To remind you the phone has a 6.2-inch Full HD+ 19:9 Super IPS display with notch design and 90% screen-to-body ratio with AI Display for auto color temperate adjustment, runs Android Oreo with ZenUI 5.0, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with support for OIS, Sony IMX363 sensor and 0.03s Dual-pixel PDAF along with AI scene detection to detect 16 type of scenes automatically, has a secondary 8-megapixel rear camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens for portrait shots and shoot images with wider view.
It also has an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with auto portrait and Selfie panorama modes and has Face unlock apart from fingerprint sensor on the back. It has dual speakers with five-magnets, NXP Smart amplifier and DTS Headphone: X for 7.1-channel surround sound and comes bundled with Hi-Res Audio earphone. It packs a 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging.
ASUS Zenfone 5Z (Z5620KL) specifications
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass Super IPS display with 500 nits Brightness, 95.4% NTSC color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500: 1 Contrast Ratio, Glove Touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB storage expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with ZenUI 5.0, upgradable to Android P
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD) with Dual VoLTE
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 0.03s Tri Tech auto-focus/Dual Pixel PDAF/ 4-axis OIS/EIS, Pro mode with RAW support, secondary 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 83-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- Dimensions: 153×75.65×7.85mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C (2.0)
- 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging
Check out our first impressions from the MWC 2018.