Xiaomi just launched the Redmi Y2, the company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone in India, as expected. It is the version of the Redmi S2 which was introduced in China last month. It packs a 5.99-inch HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 625 with up to 3GB RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9 on top, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera to capture depth information for AI portrait shots.
There is a 16-megapixel front camera with soft LED flash that supports AI beauty feature, Auto HDR and uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel. It also has face unlock. It comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 3080mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 1000:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits (typ) Brightness, 70.8% NTSC color gamut
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 5MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 78.8-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 160.73 × 77.26 × 8.1mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 comes in Elegant Gold, Rose Gold and Dark Grey colors, is priced at Rs. 9,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 12,999. It will be available exclusively from Amazon.in and Mi.com as well as Mi Home Stores starting from June 12th. It comes with Rs. 1800 instant cashback offer and up to 240GB free data for Airtel 4G users and Rs. 500 instant discount on ICICI credit and debit cards on launch day.
Check out the complete review of the smartphone, if you are planning to get it.