Xiaomi announced MIUI 10 at an event in China earlier this week, and it will be announced for global users at an event in India on June 7th. We already brought you the first impressions of MIUI 10. The company rolled out internal beta version of MIUI 10 in China yesterday, 1st June, while the public beta starts from late June for selected models including Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S and Redmi Note 5.
The public beta for remaining models will start in late July. Links for these closed beta China ROM based on Android 8.1 (Oreo) has been leaked for several devices, including Redmi Note 5 (which is called Redmi Note 5 Pro in India) and we installed it on our Redmi Note 5 Pro. Here is a procedure on how to flash it.
How to flash MIUI 10 Chinese ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi MIX 2,Mi 5 and Mi 6
- Device with an unlocked bootloader – To Unlock the bootloader of your device, apply here.
- MIUI 10 ROM – Download the latest ROM ZIP file for Mi 5, Mi 6, Mi Mix 2, Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- TWRP Recovery for device – You can download the recovery file for Mi 5, Mi 6, Mi Mix 2, Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- ADB software (For windows) / Android zip file (For Mac)
If you are on a Mac you need to
- Extract the Android zip and place the folder on your Desktop.
- Open Terminal
- Type cd Desktop/Android
- Enter ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh
Follow the procedure mentioned below to flash the ROM on device,
- Switch off the phone and boot it into Fastboot mode by long pressing Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to PC by a USB cable, open command prompt on your PC and navigate to the folder where you have downloaded TWRP Recovery ZIP.
- Type ‘fastboot devices’ in command prompt and check if the device is detected by the system.
- If the system detects the phone, type ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp_filename.zip’ and hit enter, the process will be completed in seconds.
- Now long press the Volume up and Power Button to boot the phone in recovery mode.
- It will ask to allow modifications, Slide towards right to allow Modifications.
- Select ‘Wipe’, and choose ‘Advanced Wipe’, tick on ‘Dalvik / ART Cache’, ‘System’. ‘Data’, ‘Cache’ and then swipe towards right to Wipe.
- Go back and click on ‘Install’, navigate to the location where you have stored ROM file, it’s better to keep ROM file on SD Card or USB OTG drives. Select the ROM file and swipe towards right to flash.
- Click on ‘Reboot’ and then ‘System’, it might show ‘No OS Installed’, but there is no need to worry and you can continue booting the device.
- Within 5 minutes device will boot with MIUI 10 ROM.
Warning disclaimer: Please back up your important data before flashing. Beta ROM will have bugs, so some features might not work yet. Bootloader unlocking and flashing ROM doesn’t void warranty of Xiaomi devices, but FoneArena is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to your device.