Vivo has launched Y83, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Y Series’ in India, after it was introduced in China last week. It comes with a 6.22-inch HD+ screen with 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.15mm narrow bezels and 88% screen-to-body ratio. It it is the world’s first smartphone to be powered by MediaTek’s latest Helio P22 Octa-Core 12nm SoC. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, portrait mode, an 8-megapixel front camera with AI beauty features and face unlock.
It runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Funtouch OS 4, has a glossy mirror back that changes color as light hits the phone at certain angles, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and a fingerprint sensor for India. It packs a 3260mAh battery.
Vivo Y83 specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520×720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 155.21x 75.24 x 7.7mm ; Weight: 151g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS
- 3260mAh battery
The Vivo Y83 comes in Black color, is priced at Rs. 14990 (MOP) and is available from offline stores in India. It will also be available from online retailers such as Flipkart, Amazon.in as well as Vivo’s official online Shop.
Commenting on the launch, Jerome Chen, CMO, Vivo India said:
Vivo is committed towards introducing innovative products to meet the ever-changing demands of consumers. We are pleased to introduce the Vivo Y83 in our Y series product portfolio with an outstanding performance and superior camera capabilities at an ideal price point.