Xiaomi has finally announced the most expected Mi Band 3 at the Mi 8 event in China, as it had promised. It has a 0.78-inch OLED display, compared to 0.42-inch in the Mi Band 2 so that it can display more characters including WhatsApp, Facebook or SMS messages, Weather info, caller ID and more. It also 5ATM water proof so that you can take it for swimming under 50 meters.
Xiaomi says that it has improved activity tracking, and it shows real-time data for running, cycling, walking, and other activities. It still has a button on the front, and you can view the caller name on the band, and reject the call with a long press of the button. It has a larger 110mAh battery that promises about 20 days of standby.
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 specifications
- 0.78-inch OLED (128 x 80 pixels) display with scratch-resistant glass, anti-fingerprint coating shows time, step, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor
- Monitors your fitness and tracks your sleep, Sedentary reminder
- 8.5g (20g with band) ultra light body
- 5ATM (50 meters) water resistant
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC (Optional)
- 110mAh Li Ion polymer battery with up to 20 days of standby
The Xiaomi Mi Band 3 comes in Black color with bands in graphite black, hot orange and deep blue colors and is priced at 169 yuan (US$ 26 / Rs. 1,780 approx.) . It will be available in China from June 5th. There is also NFC-enabled version with support for contact-less payments for 199 yuan (US$ 31 / Rs. 2,095 approx.), which will be available in September.