Vivo has silently introduced X21i, the cheaper version of the X21 smartphone that was introduced in China in March. It has the same 6.28-inch FHD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display with a notch, 90.3% screen-to-body ratio, 1.66mm narrow bezels on the sides, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Funtouch OS 4.0, 12-megapixel primary sensor with Samsung 2L9 sensor with Dual Pixel technology along with a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera to capture the depth information, but this is powered by MediaTek Helio P60 12nm SoC.
It has AI scene recognition that can automatically detect scenes and the 24-megapixel front camera with face unlock that scans 1024 facial features. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3245mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Vivo X21i specifications
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 64GB internal memory, 4GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.37×74.98×6.99mm; Weight: 159g
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3245mAh battery with fast charging
The Vivo X21i comes in Black, Aurora White and Ruby Red colors is priced at 2698 yuan (US$ 423 / Rs. 28,735 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version. It is already available for pre-order in China and goes on sale from May 19th.