Update: Flipkart has confirmed that Vivo is indeed launching the in-display fingerprint sensor version of the X21 in India on May 29th exclusively with them.
Earlier: Vivo just sent an invite to launch a new smartphone in India on May 29th. The invite has a big ‘X’ so it will be ‘X series’ smartphone, which will likely be the X21 that was introduced in China back in March. The under-display fingerprint sensor version was also launched in Singapore last week.
It is not clear if the company is planning both the standard version with rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and the top-end version of the phone with under-display fingerprint sensor. There is also X21i that got certified in China today with Helio P60 SoC and a 24-megapixel front camera.
Vivo X21 specifications
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 AIE 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.45 × 74.78 × 7.37mm; Weight: 156.2g
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 3200mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
The 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version of the Vivo X21UD costs S$ 799 (US$ 598 / Rs. 39,900 approx.) and 3598 yuan (US$ 568 / Rs. 38,200 approx.). We should know the price of the phone in India when it is launched later this month.