LG just announced the company’s flagship G7 ThinQ smartphone at an event in New York, as it had promised. It has a 6.1-inch QHD+ 19.5:9 FullVision LCD Super Bright display that can be viewed easily even under direct sunlight with brightness up to 1,000 nit, displaying 100 percent DCI-P3 color gamut. The bottom bezel is almost 50 percent slimmer than on the LG G6, says LG. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 with up to 6GB RAM (G7+ ThinQ).
It 16-megapixel dual rear cameras, standard and Super Wide Angle configurations. The wide angle camera now captures landscapes with less edge distortion and selfies are clearer and look more natural compared with previous LG phones, with new upgraded 8-megapixel camera. It also has AI CAM that now offers 19 shooting modes, up from eight. It also has new Super Bright Camera with images that are up to four times brighter typical of photos shot in dim light through the combination of pixel binning and software processing, the AI algorithm adjusts the camera settings automatically when shooting in low light.
The Live Photo mode records one second before and after the shutter is pressed for snippets of unexpected moments or expressions that would normally be missed. It also has Stickers that uses face recognition to generate fun 2D and 3D overlays.
It has a glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, has a polished metal rim and it is IP68 rated for dust and water resistance and also meets MIL-STD 810G requirements. It also has a dedicated Google Assistant button and the Super Far Field Voice Recognition lets you hear your voice anywhere in the room. Boombox Speaker utilizes the internal space of the LG G7 ThinQ as a resonance chamber to deliver double the bass of other phones. It also has DTS:X to deliver virtual 3D sound for all content, up to 7.1 channel audio with earphones and it has Hi-Fi Quad DAC for incredibly rich sound.
LG G7 ThinQ specifications
- 6.1-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision Super Bright IPS Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- LG G7 ThinQ – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / LG G7+ ThinQ – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with LG UX
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, secondary 16MP camera with 107-degree super-wide-angle lens with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Dedicated Google Assistant button
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dimensions: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 162g
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Boombox Speaker
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging
The LG G7 ThinQ comes in New Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue and Raspberry Rose colors and will roll out in the coming days in South Korea followed by major markets in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. It is priced at £649 inc. VAT (US$ 881 / Rs. 58,750 approx.) / £540.83 ex. VAT (US$ 734/ Rs. 48,960 approx.) and €849 (US$ 1,015/ Rs. 67,855 approx.) in Europe and will roll out from May-end.