Huawei has silently introduced Y6 (2018), its latest budget smartphone in the ‘Y Series’ with a 5.7-inch HD+ 18:9 display. It is powered by Snapdragon 425 with 2GB RAM, runs Android 8.0 (Oreo), has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor, but it has face unlock.
Huawei says that its speaker can produce 88 dB at its loudest, delivering 78% more sound from the body speaker while maintaining the nuance in the music, comparing with previous generation.
Huawei Y6 (2018) specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform with Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 152.4 x 73 x 7.8mm; Weight: 150 g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) built-in battery
The Huawei Y6 (2018) comes in Blue, Black and Golden colors. No details about the pricing or availability yet.