OPPO just launched the F7, the company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone at an event in Mumbai. It has a 6.23-inch Full HD+19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch and 88% screen-to-body ratio, which it calls Super Full Screen and has a 25-megapixel front camera with support for real-time High Dynamic Range (HDR) sensor and AI Beauty 2.0 for an improved age and gender beautification effects and facial recognition capability by scanning 296 facial recognition points, a 20% improvement from the first-generation technology.
AI learning identifies your beautification preferences, based on the most common edits made to photo album images, and automatically creates similar adjustments to new photos. It also has AR (Augmented Reality) Stickers for selfies.
It is powered by MediaTek Helio P60 12nm SoC with up to 6GB RAM, runs new ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo). It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, AI Scene recognition and comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots, and the company also says that both the SIM slots support VoLTE.
There is a special edition 128GB with 6GB RAM model in Sunrise Red – using a unique glass body that shimmers like gemstones, reflecting different colors with each glance from the use. Also, inspired by its namesake gemstone, the F7 Diamond Black model has a multi-layered metallic and glass back cover that replicates a diamond-like glow and light refractions, with triangular-cut patterns that shimmer bright and dark shades when seen from different angles. It will also have 128GB memory with 6GB RAM. It has a 3400mAh battery with support for A.I battery management.
OPPO F7 specifications
- 6.23-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB internal memory, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, HDR, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dirac HD
- Dimensions: 156 x 75.3 x 7.8mm ; Weight: 158g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO F7 comes in Solar Red, Moonlight Silver colors, is priced at Rs. 21,990 and there is also a Sunrise Red 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version for Rs. 26,990. It will be available through all online retailers such as Flipkart as well as offline stores starting April 9th. The Special Diamond Black edition with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage is priced at Rs. 26,990 and will be exclusively available at selected OPPO stores.
OPPO will hold a flash sale on 2nd April 2018 for 24 hours on Flipkart and 777 OPPO stores across the country where 10,000 phones will be up for grabs with 5% cash back for ICICI credit card holders, up to Rs. 1,200 cash back in 12 months, additional 120GB 4G data from Jio and one-time free screen replacement within one year from our authorized service centers. Check out the hands-on and photo gallery here.