OPPO has introduced A1, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘A series’ in China, which has similar specifications as the A83 that was introduced in China and launched in India recently, but it comes in two different colors and 64GB storage, compared to 32GB in the A83. It has a 5.7 HD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 SoC with 4GB RAM, comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has support for A.I beauty technology that scan 200 facial recognition spots to beautify a selfie shot perfectly as well as face unlock to unlock the phone quickly by scanning 128 facial points. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
OPPO A1 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) 18:9 HD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions:150.5 × 73.1 × 7.7mm; Weight: 143g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3180mAh (typical) / 3090mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO A1 comes in Dark Blue and Cherry Red colors, is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 537 / Rs. 15,400 approx.), available for order in China and goes on sale from April 1st.