Sharp has introduced AQUOS S3 mini in China, even though the company did not introduce the rumored AQUOS S3. It has a 5.5-inch Full HD+ display with a notch and 87.5% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 630 with 6GB RAM and Android 7.1 (Nougat) with Smile Ux, same as last year’s AQUOS S2, but this has a 16-megapixel rear camera and a 20-megapixel front camera with AI portrait selfies and has face unlock that can unlock the phone in 0.1 second by scanning 1024 facial points.
It has a fingerprint sensor below the screen that can unlock the phone in 0.1 second and packs a 3020mAh battery.
SHARP AQUOS S3 mini specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 2040 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 2.5D curved glass display with 550 nits brightness, 135% sRGB color coverage
- Octa Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.8GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with Adreno 508 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 142.7 x 73 x 7.8mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3020mAh (typical) battery
The SHARP AQUOS S3 mini comes in Black, Blue and Gold colors, is priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 252 / Rs. 16,475 approx.) and is available in China through jd.com.