Alcatel introduced range of smartphone as well as its first Android Oreo (Go edition) smartphone Alcatel 1X at the MWC last month. Today the company has announced the phone for the Indian market. The phone has a 5.34-inch 18:9 screen, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek SoC and the Android Oreo (Go edition) comes pre-installed with new Google’s Go apps offering better performance, less demand on storage, and efficient data use.
Alcatel 1X Android Oreo (Go edition) specifications
- 5.34-inch (480 x 960 pixels) FWVGA+ 18:9 display
- 1.28GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6739 64-bit processor with PowerVR Rogue GE8100 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo Go Edition)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash
- 8MP front camera with LED flash
- Dimensions: 147.5 x 70.6 x 9.15 mm; Weight: 151g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG
- 2460mAh battery
The Alcatel 1X Android Oreo (Go edition) will go on sale soon and the company will reveal the price of the phone closer to the launch.
Commenting on the announcement, Praveen Valecha, Regional Director, Alcatel India, said:
For nearly 20 years Alcatel has been a leader at delivering high quality, premium mobile technology experiences that are accessible to consumers around the world, with this launch we will enable many consumers to upgrade to a 4G Smartphone. As we introduce an all new direction for our smartphone portfolio, we remain focused and committed to pushing the boundaries of what an affordably priced smartphone can be, providing even richer experiences and flagship style designs for our customers around the globe.