Reliance Jio recently acquired the exclusive India digital for the T20 cricket series Nidahas Trophy – a tri-nation T20 competition played at Colombo from March 6 to 18, 2018 between host Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and India. It also offers commentary in Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada. Now it has announced that it has introduced India’s first interactive sports experience for consumers watching the tri-nation Nidahas trophy.
This lets consumers interact with the game while watching it. They can
- Select from 5 different camera angles
- Experience audio from stump mic and stadium ambience
- Get access to leading cricket experts and commentators including Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra and Gaurav Kapoor
- View score and other details on demand, on a single click
- Watch catch-up of (past content) as well as repeat telecast and highlights
Jio said that JioTV users need to update to the latest version of the app from relevant app store to get this feature. It offers coverage on JioTV will commence on match days – March 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th and the finals on 18th from 6:25 PM.
Regarding the new game-viewing experience, Akash Ambani, Director, Jio, said:
Interactivity in sports will transform the way sports is consumed in India. Jio continues to deliver the best and most premium content exclusively to its users through the Jio apps. Additionally, we have challenged status quo and redefined the existing user experience, with the help of technology. Jio will continue to bring a superlative consumer experience in the areas of sports, AR, VR, Immersive viewing and more in the coming days.