Last year’s flagship Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones were launched in India in April last year exclusively on Flipkart, but the online retailer teased the phones only after the announcement. Now Flipkart has started teasing the upcoming Galaxy S9 series of smartphones even before the official announcement at the MWC 2018 on February 25th in Barcelona.
Flipkart has a separate 9OnFlipkart Store that hints that the phone will likely arrive in India soon after the announcement. It is also expected to go on pre-order exclusively on Flipkart on launch day, which is expected to be sometime in early March. Samsung India also lets users to register interest on their Samsung India website.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ rumored specifications
- S9 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- S9+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- S9 – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- S9+ – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- S9 – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, 480fps super slo-mo
- S9+ – 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 480fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers, Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S9 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S9+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ is expected come in Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue colors. We just have to wait for the official announcement in a couple of days.