OPPO has launched A83, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘A series’ in India. It was introduced in China last month, has a 5.7 HD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 SoC with 3GB RAM, comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with support for A.I beauty technology that scan 200 facial recognition spots to beautify a selfie shot perfectly as well as face unlock to unlock the phone quickly.
It has dedicated dual SIM slots along with a microSD slot and packs a 3180mAh battery. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
OPPO A83 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) 18:9 HD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions:150.5 × 73.1 × 7.7mm; Weight: 143g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3180mAh (typical) / 3090mAh (minimum) battery
Commenting on the launch, Will Yang, Brand Director, OPPO India, said:
Our focus has always been on bringing best photography and Selfie experience to the Indian consumers. We have received an immense response for our Selfie Expert A Series and F Series. With the A83 we wish to bring an affordable selfie camera with advance features such as the HD + Full Screen Display and AI Beauty Technology. The A83 truly represents our ambition to continue being the Selfie Expert and Leader in the market.