OPPO announced F5, selfie-focused smartphone in Philippines last month, now it has introduced the F5 Youth smartphone, a cheaper version of the phone. It has the same 6-inch full HD+ 18:9 full-screen display and comes with A.I. beauty recognition technology that scan 200 facial recognition spots to beautify a selfie shot perfectly and also offers bokeh effect along with Face unlock, but this has a 16-megapixel front camera and a 13-megapixel rear camera.
OPPO F5 Youth specifications
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ full-scren 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 770MHz ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm; Weight: 152g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3200mAh built-in battery
The OPPO F5 Youth comes in Black and Gold colors and is priced at 13990 Philippine Peso (US$ 277 / Rs. 17,880 approx.) or 319000 Kyat (US$ 233 / Rs. 15,085 approx.) and is now available in Philippines and Myanmar, respectively. It is expected to launch in India soon, as the company already promised at the F5 launch event.