Facebook has released a new Creator app for video creators to take on YouTube. It is the same Mentions app that was introduced for celebrities and public figures with verified profiles back in 2014. This has been rebranded to Creator and can be used by all individuals on pages or profiles. Facebook said that it is currently testing shows with a set of creators and plans to roll out more broadly in the future.
Highlights of Facebook Creator
- Use the Live Creative Kit to make your videos more personal and interactive
- See and respond to comments from Facebook and Instagram, and messages from Messenger, in one place
- Check insights about your Page, audience, and videos
- Upload videos and share to your Facebook story
- Share your content to Instagram and Twitter
It has also released a new Facebook for Creators website where creators can find resources and tips on how to create great videos, connect with fans, and grow on Facebook.
Facebook Creator app is now available globally for iOS from Apple Store and will be available for Android users in the coming months.