Gionee has launched the M7 Power smartphone in India, as it had promised. It was introduced in China at the end of September, later it was introduced for global markets, and packs a 6-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 FullView display with 85% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 435 and packs a 5000mAh battery with intelligent power management that promises up to 2 days of battery life.
It comes in high-grade 6-series aluminum back shell with laser-engraved
and laser-drilled finishes and has a fingerprint sensor on the back that doubles up as a camera shutter key, to access flashlight and more.
Gionee M7 Power specifications
- 6-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display, 85% NTSC color gamut, 500 Nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Amigo OS 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.35 × 75.65 × 8.6mm; Weight: 199g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 5000mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The Gionee M7 Power comes in Gold color with laser-engraved finish, Black and Dark Blue colors with laser-drilled finish, is priced at Rs. 16,999 in India and will be available starting from November 25th. Pre-order begins November 17th till November 24th on Amazon.in. Customers who pre-book the phone get 6 months warranty for free one-time screen replacement, extra Rs. 3000 off on exchange and also comes with no cost EMI on credit cards starting Rs. 1417 per month. It also comes with 10GB extra data from Jio per month for 10 months on recharge of Rs. 309 and above.
Commenting on the launch, David Chang, Global Sales Director, Gionee India, said:
We have grown exponentially as a brand in the country over the last five years. India is at the cusp of smartphone revolution with new user base multiplying by manifolds and existing users graduating to newer and smarter devices. Betting big on this wave, Gionee has strategically decided to tap on its power to create smart products which are loaded with exclusive features, especially customized and localized for our growing consumer base in India. M7 Power is another intuitive product which in the true sense is a device that promises to empower its users with superior quality and seamless experience with many firsts to its credit from the 3D photo concept to a full view infinity display. Thus, reinforcing our ambition to be featured among the top 5 brands in 2018!