Telegram has updated its app to version 4.5 that brings several new features. Now when you send or receive a collection of photos or videos, they will automatically be grouped together as an album, creating a tile display within your messages. Each album can include up to 10 photos or videos. You can also control the order in which photos are sent with a sequence number.
When viewing a photo from an album, you’ll see other pictures from the same group as thumbnails in the lower part of the screen. “Profile photos are now also displayed this way, which makes them much easier to navigate,” says Telegram.
The update also brings Saved Messages feature that lets you bookmark important messages by quickly forwarding them to Saved Messages – your personal cloud storage. They are are accessible both from the Chats list and from the side panel on Android / Settings on iOS.
It also has new Pinned Messages in Channels, new look in settings screen and the context menu in chats for iOS users as well as better support for iPhone X.
New features in Telegram 4.5
- Grouped Photos – Group media into albums when sharing multiple photos and videos. Choose the exact order of media you send.
- Saved Messages – Bookmark messages by forwarding them to “Saved Messages”.
- Better Search – Find bots and public channels faster by typing their titles in Search. Popular bots and channels are shown first.
- Pinned Messages – Pin messages in your channels to make important announcements more visible
- For iOS – Fully redesigned Settings, New context menu when you tap and hold on a message, Other UI improvements including full support for iPhone X.