Sony today a7R III (ILCE-7RM3), the company’s latest camera in the mirrorless camera lineup in India. It was announced last month and is the successor of a7R II that was introduced back in 2015. It has a 42.4 MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor with shooting speeds at up to 10 fps with full AF/AE tracking, 4K video recording, wide 15-stop dynamic range, high sensitivity with noise reduction of almost a full stop and more. It has the same compact, lightweight body as the predecessor.
It also has new front-end LSI that effectively doubles the readout speed of the image sensor, as well as an updated BIONZ X processing-engine offers up to 1.8 times faster processing speed compared to the α7R II. It has an upgraded focusing system with 399 focal-plane phase-detection AF points that cover approximately 68% of the image area in both the horizontal and vertical directions. It also has 425 contrast AF points, an increase of 400 points compared to the α7R II.
Highlights of Sony a7R III
- 35mm Full-Frame 42.4 MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor with Evolved Image Processing
- Continuous Shooting at up to 10 fps with either Silent Shooting or Mechanical Shutter and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
- 399 phase-detection AF points covering 68% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and approximately 2 times more effective Eye AF
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization with a 5.5 step shutter speed advantage
- 1.3 cm (0.5-type) 3.69-million-dot QVGA OLED electronic viewfinder
- 7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT LCD Touch screen
- ISO range of 100 – 32000 (expandable to ISO 50 – 102400 for still images) and 15-stop dynamic range at low sensitivity settings
- High Resolution 4K Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Dual SD Card Slots, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C Terminal and more
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Compact, Lightweight body at 657g
The Sony a7R III Full-frame Interchangeable Lens Camera is priced at Rs. 2,64,990 and will be available from November 24th through Alpha flagship stores, Sony Center and major electronic stores across India. The new FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS Standard Zoom (SEL24105G) full-frame E-mount lens is priced at Rs. 1,09,990 and will be available from November 20th.