Xiaomi just sent out invites for the launch of a new series on November 2nd. The company has also tweeted from its Redmi India handle with “Your best self is within you!” and #YourBestSelfie hashtag so it will likely be the top-end version of the Redmi Note 5A with a 16-megapixel front-facing camera that was introduced back in August.
The teaser also hints that the company might reveal details about the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM that is expected to release early November.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display, 450 nits brightness, 1000: 1 Contrast ratio, 70% NTSC color gamut
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash, OmniVision sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 76.4-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 153× 76.2 × 7.7mm; Weight: 153g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLOASS
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
It is not clear if the company is planning to release the low-end version of the Redmi Note 5A as well. We should know all the details next Thursday.