Sony is all set to announce new smartphones at the upcoming IFA 2017 in Berlin next month. Now, official press renders of the Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact smartphones have surfaced thanks to tipster Roland Quandt and Xperia Blog.
The renders offer a clear look at both the phones from all angles. Sony Xperia XZ1 has slim bezels on the sides but large bezels at the top and bottom. It has a design similar to phones from the Xperia XZ series. Earpiece, Sony branding and camera is preset at the front while another speaker is present at the bottom. The ride side houses a power button that is baked with a fingerprint sensor, volume rockers and dedicated camera shutter. The SIM tray is situated on the left side of the phone, while a 3.5 mm audio jack and a noise-canceling microphone is present on the top. There is a single camera at the back with LED flash.
Sony Xperia XZ1 rumored specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) HDR TRILUMINOS Display with X-Reality and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD card
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive capture, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
Moving on, the Xperia XZ1 Compact is said to be the lighter version of XZ1. It is expected to sport a 4.6-inch HD display and will also be powered by Snapdragon 835 processor with 4GB RAM. Battery on XZ1 Compact is said to be 2,800mAh battery. The design of the Xperia XZ1 Compact is similar to the Xperia XZ1. According to Quandt, the Xperia XZ1 will be priced at 599 GBP ($772 approx.) while the Xperia XZ1 Compact will cost 499 GBP ($643 approx.)