After several rumors Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy S8 Active rugged smartphone that is shock-, shatter-, water-, and dust-resistant. It has a metal frame and bumper to protect against shock, abrasion, tilting or twisting and will be exclusively available from AT&T for a limited time. It has Bixby assistant, similar to the S8 series of phones, packs a shatter-resistant 5.8-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED screen with 18.5:9 aspect ratio, 4,000mAh battery and has fingerprint and iris scanners.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active specifications
- 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- Android Nougat
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP68) + MIL-STD-810G
- Dimensions: 152.14x 74.9×9.9mm; Weight: 207g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active comes in Meteor Gray and Titanium Gold colors and will be available from August 11 exclusively from AT&T for $28.34 for 30 months, which adds up to about $850 (Rs. 54255 approx.) and will go on pre-order from tomorrow, August 8th. It also comes with several offers.