Huawei’s Honor brand has scheduled an event on June 12 to unveil its new top-end smartphone – Honor 9. It will come with dual rear cameras and a glass back, similar to the Honor 8. It got certified in TENAA recently that confirmed the specifications of the phone that includes a 5.15-inch 1080p display, Kirin 960 SoC, 4GB or 6GB RAM options, Android 7.0 (Nougat), 12-megapixel and 20-megapixel dual rear cameras and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
Honor 9 rumored specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) processor + i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 12MP + 20MP Dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.3 × 70.9 × 7.45mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 3100mAh battery
Even though the listing only shows Gold color, it is expected to come in several colors, similar to the predecessor. The Honor 9 event takes place at Shanghai Oriental Sports Center. We should know the price of the smartphone next Monday.