OPPO just launched F3, the company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone in the ‘F Series’ at an event in India, as it had promised. It is the smaller variant of the F3 Plus that was launched back in March. It has the same 16-megapixel front-facing camera with 1/3.1-inch sensor and f/2.0 aperture along with an 8-megapixel secondary front camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens for capturing better group selfies that is present on the F3 Plus. It also has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash.
It has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass screen, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750T processor, has 4GB of RAM and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0 on top. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that works even when your fingers are moist. It also has dedicated dual SIM slots and a microSD card slot.
OPPO F3 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750T 64-bit processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, 1/3-inch sensor, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with 76.4-degree wide-angle lens, 1/3.1-inch sensor, f/2.0 aperture and secondary 8MP front camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.29×75.24×7.3mm; Weight: 153g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3200mAh battery
The OPPO F3 comes in Gold and Rose Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 19,990. It is available for pre-order exclusively from Flipkart as well as offline stores from today till May 12, and goes on sale from May 13th.
Commenting on the launch, Sky Li, OPPO’s Global Vice President and President of OPPO India, said:
Cricket is a sport full of vigor and passion enjoyed by the youth of India. We believe that we share the same passion and spirit of pursuit of perfection as cricket that makes this association a perfect fit. By partnering with the team, OPPO will not only further enhance its connection with the young consumers, but also engage with the country’s youth in its endeavor of providing them with the outstanding selfie-led photography experience.
OPPO also revealed the Team India jersey in the presence of OPPO India President and BCCI CEO, commenting on the partnership, Rahul Johri, CEO-BCCI said:
We are excited to have OPPO join the BCCI family. OPPO Mobiles is pursuing perfect photography technology and it shares a common vision with BCCI. I am confident that we will work together to further grow Indian cricket!