Last week Xiaomi confirmed its flagship Mi 6 announcement on April 19th. Now it has confirmed that the smartphone will come with dual rear cameras, come with upgraded curved screen and come with 6GB of RAM. Earlier rumors revealed 4GB RAM with 64GB storage and 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variants for the smartphones. Xiaomi is also expected to introduced Mi 6 Plus with a larger Quad HD screen and a bigger battery.
New render and live images of the smartphone has surfaced that shows lack on 3.5mm audio jack, loudspeaker on the bottom, fingerprint sensor on the front, dual rear cameras on the back and an infrared sensor on the top.
Xiaomi Mi 6 rumored specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD pressure-sensitive display, 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage / 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, OIS, 4K video recording, secondary 8MP rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery
According to earlier rumors the Mi 6 is rumored start at 2199 yuan (US$ 318 / Rs. 20,525 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB version is said to cost 2599 yuan (US$ 376 / Rs. 24,278 approx.).
The Xiaomi Mi 6 Plus is said to cost 2,699 yuan (US$ 390 / Rs. 25,200 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and go up to 3,699 yuan (US$ 535 / Rs. 34,535 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 256GB sorage version.