Micromax just launched Dual 5, the company’s latest smartphone in the new Dual series with dual 13-megapixel rear Sony sensors, one with monochrome lens for capturing details and other with RGB lens. It combines both the shots to creature a perfect image. The secondary camera also offers background blur. It has f/1.8 aperture. It also has a 13-megapixel front camera with soft LED flash.
It has a 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED display with ultra thin bezels, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor, has 4GB of RAM and features a unibody metal design. It also has a 3200mAh built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that promises 0 to 95% charge in just 45 minutes, has intelligent power saving mode.
It also has a customizable key on the left side that lets you assign function to it and the power button acts as a panic button. There is a fingerprint sensor on the back. Micromax said that it has dedicated chip for EAL5 security and is also theft proof.
Micromax Dual 5 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / micro)
- 13MP (monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, Sony sensors, 4K video recording
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, soft selfie flash, Sony sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz),Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type C
- 3200mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Micromax Dual 5 comes in Gold color and is priced at Rs. 24,999. It will be available from April 10th through Flipkart, Micromax Store and offline stores across India. It has Micromax Care App that promises 24 hour service and has 1 year replacement warranty. Micromax also said it is planning to launch smaller Dual 4 in the Dual series soon.
Commenting on the launch, Rahul Sharma, Co-Founder, Micromax Informatics, said:
From the very onset, every step and move Micromax has made, is about simplifying the lives and needs of our consumers by bringing seamless smartphone experiences for them through a secure connected eco-system. India is a market where people buy smartphones across price segments, both affordable and premium. We perceive that the trend for dual cameras is bound to grow with camera being an important consideration for consumers when buying a smartphone. With the launch of our Dual series, we are bringing advanced camera technologies to a larger set of consumers. The new smartphones truly manifest our in-depth R&D, design expertise and manufacturing ability. This is a smartphone made for India, by India.
As smartphones become the most important element of consumer landscape in India, our entry into the premium segment aims to further simplify the eco-system with a combination of hardware, software services, digital payments, customer service and more. We aim to increase our ASP by 20% in the year to come with new launches planned in Rs. 10K+, Rs. 15k+ and Rs 20K+ category.