Recently more images of upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ surfaced showing the smartphones in three colors. Now we have couple more press shots that finally show glass back of the phone in Black Sky and Orchid Grey colors. This time Samsung has moved the the fingerprint sensor to the back since the bezel on the front is narrow compared to Galaxy S7 series.
Both the front and back have a curved design and the phone has a metal frame, according to the images.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ rumored specification
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- S8+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- S8 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S8+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2017 will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT (9:30 PM IST) in New York on March 29, 2017. According to latest reports both these phones will go on pre-order on April 10th and go on sale globally starting from April 21st.
According to a recent report, the Galaxy S8 will start at €799 (US$ 859 / Rs. 56,259 approx.), S8+ at €899 €799 (US$ 966 / Rs. 63,300 approx.), New GearVR will cost €129 (US$ 138 / Rs. 9,083 approx.), new Gear360 at €229 (US$ 246 / Rs. 16,124 approx.) and something called DeX, which could be continuum competitor is said to cost €150 (US$ 161 / Rs. 10,560 approx.) in Europe.