[Update] – Motorola has officially sent out invites for the Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus launch event that is scheduled for March 15th.
Motorola yesterday introduced its mid-range Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus smartphones at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017. Now Moto India has started teasing the launch of the Moto G5 Plus smartphone in India on March 15th.
Even though the unit showcased at the MWC has single SIM, India will likely get the dual SIM version with dedicated SIM and microSD slots, similar to the Moto Z Play.
Moto G5 Plus specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB/ 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128 GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Sony IMX362 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with OmniVision OV5695 sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint sensor
- Front-ported loudspeaker
- Dimensions: 150.2x74x7.7 to 9.7 mm; Weight:155 g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3000mAh battery with Turbo charging
The Moto G5 Plus come in Lunar Gray and Fine Gold colors. It is not clear if we can see the Moto G5 on the same day. We should know the pricing and other details in a couple of weeks. Check out our Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus Hands-on.