Sony has also announced Xperia XA1, successor of last year’s Xperia XA at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017 in Barcelona. It has a 5-inch HD display, similar to the predecessor, but this is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P20 processor and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat). It has a 23-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Hybrid Auto-Focus and a 8-megapixel auto focus front-facing camera.
It comes in both single and dual SIM variants and has 4G LTE connectivity. It packs the same 2300mAh battery.
Sony Xperia XA1 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) with Image Enhance Technology
- 2.3GHz GHz MediaTek Helio P20 Octa-Core 64-bit 16nm processor with ARM Mali T880 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (optional)
- 23MP rear camera with LED flash, Exmos RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Hybrid AF, SteadyShot
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 145 x 67 x 8mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- 2300mAh battery with fast charging
The Sony Xperia XA1 comes in White, Black, Pink and Gold colors and will roll out from Spring 2017. No word on pricing yet.