Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy Tab S3, successor of last year’s Galaxy Tab S2. It comes only in one variant with a 9.7-inch Super AMOLED QXGA screen, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat). It has quad-stereo speakers tuned by AKG by HARMAN and comes with an an enhanced S Pen.
There is a book cover and a keyboard cover. Both are connected via the magnetic connector on the bottom of the tablet.The keyboard has a 1.5 mm stroke (key travel) and the keyboard pitch (distance between two keys) has also been enlarged for better typing.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 specifications
- 9.7-inch (2048×1536 pixel) QXGA Super AMOLED display
- 2.15GHz quad-core Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 13MP rear camera
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 169 x 237.3 x 6mm; Weight: 429g, LTE: 434g
- 4G LTE (optional), Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 6000mAh battery with Fast Charging
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 comes in Black and Silver colors and is priced at 679 Euros (US$ 717 / Rs. 47,785 approx.) for the WiFi variant and the LTE variant costs 769 Euros (US$ 812 / Rs. 54120 approx.) in Europe. It will be released in the coming weeks.