Huawei’s Honor brand introduced Honor 8 Lite, a cheaper version of its flagship Honor 8 smartphone in Finland earlier this month. Now it has introduced the smartphone in China along with the Honor V9. It has a 12-megapixel single rear camera instead of dual 12-megapixel rear cameras on the Honor 8, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 655 processor and runs Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0 out of the box.
Other specifications are the same including 5.2-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, fingerprint sensor on the glass back, 8-megapixel front-facing camera, slim body with metal frame and a 3000mAh battery.
Honor 8 Lite specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM, 32GB /64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, 1.25μm pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.2 x 72.94 x 7.6mm;Weight: 147g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Honor 8 Lite comes in Gold, Blue, Black and White colors and is priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 159 / Rs. 10,690 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, 1399 yuan (US$ 203 / Rs. 13,600 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the top-end 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1599 yuan (US$ 232/ Rs. 15,550 approx.). It is available for order in China and goes on sale from February 28.