Huawei’s Honor brand has announced Honor V9, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the honor series. It packs a 5.7-inch Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 960 SoC and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5 on top. It has dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with laser auto focus and 1.76-micron pixel size promising brilliant image quality in low-light conditions.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back that lets you use it for Huawei Pay and a dedicated key on the right side for intelligent voice actions and quickly open apps. It has full metal slim 6.97mm body and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Honor V9 specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 processor (4 x 1.8GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 2.4GHz Cortex A73) with Mali G71 Octa-Core GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157×77.5×6.97mm;Weight: 184g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3,900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Honor V9 comes in Midnight black, Flame Red, Platinum Gold and Aurora blue colors and is priced at 2599 yuan (US$ 377 / Rs. 25,280 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 2999 yuan (US$ 435 / Rs. 29,170 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 3499 yuan (US$ 508 / Rs. 34,035 approx.). It is now available for order in China and will go on sale from February 28th.