Samsung is expected to introduce Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus smartphones at a separate event on March 29th. Thanks to @evleaks the logo of the Galaxy S8+ is out confirming the name of the smartphone. The support page has also gone live on Samsung India site for the Samsung smartphone with the model number SM-G955FD. ‘D’ in the model confirms Dual SIM support.
It is not clear if the S8 series will come with hybrid dual SIM support like the S7 series or pack dedicated slots like the Galaxy C9 Pro that was launched recently. It is expected to come with a virtual assistant called Hello.
Samsung Galaxy S8+ rumored specification
- 6.2-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Octa Samsung Exynos 8895 processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
Both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones are expected to be unveiled on March 29 at an event in New York. The Galaxy S8 with a 5.8-inch display is said to retail for €799 (US$ 850 / Rs. 56830 approx.) and the 6.2-inch S8+ is said to cost €899 (US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947 approx.) and both the phones are expected to go on sale on April 21. Samsung is reportedly aiming to ship 60 million units for the Galaxy S8 this year.