OnePlus has released another minor OxygenOS 4.0.3 update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphones that brings more fixes and improved stability. It also adds Amazon Prime app for users in India, optimizes smart Wi-Fi switcher switches to data if the Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor.
For those who are experiencing WiFi disconnections OnePlus recommends a solution.
If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections, please go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi (Top right hand corner) > Scroll to bottom of the page and check the IP address format (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines)> If the IP address is IPv6 based, then turn off the IPv6 Support toggle and see if the disconnections stop.
If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections due to switches between WiFi and data, please try turning off the Smart Wi-Fi Switcher at Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi and see if the disconnections stop.
New features in OxygenOS 4.0.3
- Added Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
- Optimized Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
- Fixed crashes for Line
- Increased stability of the Camera app
- Optimized exposure when taking night time photos
- Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
- Updated APN settings for select carriers
- Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users
The OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA update for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T is just 92MB and will be gradually rolling out for all the users globally in the next few days. Android security patch is still December 2016 even though Google has started rolling out February 2017 security patch for its devices.