OPPO just launched A57, its latest selfie-focused smartphone with a 16-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and 1.12um pixel size in in India, as it had promised. It was introduced in China back in November last year and packs a 5.2-inch HD display, Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor, Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0 and a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF).
It comes with dedicated dual nano SIM slots along with a microSD card slot in India. It also has 4G VoLTE support and packs a 2900mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button with hydrophobic zirconium surface, so it works even when your fingers are moist.
OPPO A57 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, LED Flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel, 5P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 149.1×72.9×7.65mm; Weight: 147g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2900mAh battery
The OPPO A57 comes in Gold color and is priced at Rs. 14990. It will be available from offline stores as well as online retailers such as Flipkart, Amazon.in and Snapdeal starting from this Friday, February 3rd.
Commenting on the launch, Sky Li, OPPO VP and Managing Director of International Mobile Business, said:
When we saw the demand for the great 16 MP selfie camera on the F1s, we set out to bring that experience to an even wider range of users. The A57 brings consumers premium photography and advanced features, like the industry-leading fingerprint reader, that goes well beyond the conventional boundaries for this price segment.